Well onto Elegance of the Orient, I have some more progress to show. I managed to complete 3 of my small goals on this piece, the blossoms below the bird, the gold backstitching on the left side of the shawl and the same on the right. I'm pretty happy with that and plan to move onto the flowers and tree branch above her hand on the right side of the piece next.
|Dimensions Gold - Elegance of the Orient Cross Stitch Work in Progress|
The gold backstitching in the shawl was tricky and took longer than I expected. It uses 2 strands of metallic and 1 of cotton, which surprisingly makes it more difficult to use than just metallic on its own. I was really glad when I finished the last of those stitches. The only metallic left is in the underskirt and it uses just 2 strands of metallic rather than a mix.
I also ripped back what I thought was the incorrect stitching in the branch, which I mentioned in the post here, only to realise that the blossom and rest of the branch, back to the flower cluster, is also incorrect. That has been put on the to-do list to be tackled a little later.
I plan to do a post on the goal breakdown that I have started to use for this and some of my other projects. I would love to know if that would be something readers would be interested in knowing more about or not. Let me know in the comments section below.
Well that's all for now.