Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Absolutely no time

Hey again all. I'm sorry I have been missing and that I have now neglected to do two Gift MAL's I had one all planned out, it was a stitching one but it all went wrong and I think I am going to have to try and restart.

Want to see anyway? Ok. The plan was the stitch the following three pieces, they are patterns from a magazine, I can't remember right now which one. The thread key has the Anchor numbers, then the DMC, then the Maderia. Since I have a full set of DMC that is the one I went with. The one I have worked on is the first one below.

Flowers in Focus - The World of Cross Stitching Issue 190 - Gerbera

Flowers in Focus - The World of Cross Stitching Issue 190 - Gerbera
Flowers in Focus - The World of Cross Stitching Issue 190 - Stargazer Lily
Flowers in Focus - The World of Cross Stitching Issue 190 - Anemone




However the colours don't look right at all. As you can see it does not look like the image. I am guessing that the original was stitched using Anchor. I have a chunk of the colours for these ones in Anchor so I may fish them out and see how they look in comparison with the DMC. The plan was to stitch the three and frame them together in a long frame.

I have had very little time for pretty much anything lately. Work and college have been crazy and a member of my family was very sick in hospital so that is why I have been missing and not updating any crafty stuff. I hope you all can forgive me :)

Also a reminder, anyone interested in joining in on my UFO SAL (Unfinished Object Stitch A Long) for 2013, don't forget to sign up in the YOTA tab at the top of this blog. For all those who have projects that are not stitching projects but might be knitting, quilting, whatever, and want some help motivating yourself to finish, please also feel free to join. I would love to see what you are all working on.

4 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with some flower cards from a mag. Now I only do the ones where DMC is the first column.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best thing about the stitching community...we all know what's it's like when life gets in the way of what we'd rather be doing. No apologies necessary, I think we all understand where you're coming from. Sending prayers for your family member :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely agree about the colours of DMC compared to Anchor. I see the difference many times, as I mostly use DMC. Sometimes I have had to change the DMC colour in the key to match better in the design. :) Sorry about your family member, hope they are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mhm, the colors look indeed a bit odd... I hope you will have more luck with the Anchor threads =)

    I just signed up for YOTA, thanks for reminding =)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)